Thursday, June 3, 2010

painting

Trying to choose a color for the family room as well as the foyer/hallway that leads upstairs. I am always willing to try and paint myself, but the foyer/hall is a big job, not just a lot of walls, but a very high ceiling. So we are letting the professionals handle this. But the professional is coming Tuesday and it is down to picking the color. Our rooms are very interesting right now with all of the samples on the walls.:)


Just a disclaimer, none of these colors are the "one."

So, we move onto Charlie's room. And this is why we leave it to the professionals!


I bought a few samples over the last week. Finally picked a color we all liked. Went back today to get more of the color, only to bring home the WRONG color. Instead of Old Blue Jeans I brought home Colonial Blue. So what is a girl to do? Mix the colors.
Obviously I did not mix well enough, the left half of the wall is more the Colonial Blue, where the right side is the darker Old Blue Jeans. Thankfully it is the first coat and I will be sure to mix more evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment