Saturday, April 17, 2010

11 years

Last night we hired a babysitter and went out to eat to celebrate. I really wanted to try a place in town called Magnolia's because I have heard so much about it and because they really try to serve food from local farmers.

The restaurant is in a restored building that used to be a working mill. Left with many remnants of the mill, it is rustic, but new.

"Great food, wine and beer are our focus. Hospitality is our passion.
A Premier American restaurant located in the heart of P...., Virginia.
Come Visit Magnolias. Come Feel the Passion."

Every word of that Mission Statement we found to be true. The beer and wine list is crazy long. And the menu had a great variety.

Speaking of menu, we were so surprised to see this on the menu! Down to the details, very charming. (When I made a reservation online this week it asked why we were dining there, so I put our anniversary...)



I was determined to try everything local, try something new. We had a great salad with local greens/strawberries/goat cheese. And then I had the trout served over grits with gouda and asparagus. BEST MEAL I HAVE EVER HAD. And I have never even tried trout in my life, but I am so glad I did.

The hostess made sure we left with a copy of our own menu. Between the food, the atmosphere and the staff, we will be back many times I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment