Monday, June 13, 2011

Wish you were here

To hear our daily dueling piano concerts! They are quite entertaining!




Why do we have two pianos?

The one on the right is a friend's piano. They do not have room in their current home for the piano, so we said we would take care of it for them. The husband is a painter and painted a lot of the interior of our home. When he came to give me a quote for the living room, I called it the piano room. Steve laughed and questioned why I called it the piano room since we didn't own a piano. I have visions of it becoming a room to enjoy reading a book or listening to one of the kids play piano. He offered the piano to us, on a loan until they had a place for it.

Then last week Charlie's preschool director heard another mom and I discussing piano teachers. She came up to me during the conversation and asked if we needed a piano. They are in the process of moving and since their kids are grown and don't play anymore, they were willing to part with their piece. I jumped at the chance knowing Steve and family will want their piano back someday soon. Piano on left.

So our front room now has two pianos and we have stocked up on a lot of Advil for head relief!

Since we moved into this house I have been on the lookout for a piano. I was hopeful a local church would part with one and our only "cost" would be picking it up and getting it to our house. Well God provided above and beyond, the family even delivered the piano on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment