Thursday, July 1, 2010

Talent

I am meeting some wonderful people through my job at the paper. Very welcoming homeowners (who even welcome my kids on many occasions) as well as very, very talented artists/builders/designers.
Recently I met Lynda Durham who decorative paints for a living. She is a sweet woman, and oh so talented. Out of all of her artwork that I have seen, I can't help but come back to these switchplate covers. The homeowner hated the white covers the builder left, especially because (as well all know) the eye is always drawn to those first instead of the beautiful tile/stone work.
So the homeowner asked Lynda what she could do and voila...can't even see them.





Yup, she painted them to look like the backsplash. Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cool!!!

    Makes me want a fancy tile back splash just so I can paint a switch plate cover to match.

    ReplyDelete