Wednesday, March 10, 2010

unexpected find



I have been looking for this book. It is a collection of short stories and it brings me back to when I was growing up, reading it before bed with mom.
I couldn't remember the name of it, who wrote it, and it was just one of those thoughts filed in the back of my brain, that eventually I really wanted to find a copy of this book and add it to our reading every night with our kids.



Avery's school had a used book sale/fundraiser last week and I found my book!! I didn't recognize it by the cover, but when I opened the book (because in the semi-hunt for this book, I pick up every book that says 365 stories) and saw some of the pictures, I knew I had found it. What a blessing to stumble upon this treasure.

There are so many things, little things, that I had in my heart before we moved here. Things about what I wanted in a house, neighborhood, town. Things I didn't even realize were THAT important to me. God has taken care of many details that have surprised me, overwhelmed me (in a GREAT way) and blessed me. And yes, this silly book, finding it at Avery's school, is another blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment