Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Important learning going on

I treated myself to a little pampering before Christmas. I went to get a pedicure and the nail place was having a special on gel manicures. Being that I NEVER get a manicure except when visiting my jersey-licious friends, where manicures are dirt cheap, I thought it would be great to give it a try.

My nails looked fabulous! Only after 3 weeks did my nails start to look bad, the gel began peeling, and this included two days of intense water park fun!

Well, once I peeled off the gel, I realized how much damage the gel causes. My nails are peeling, weak and so thin. I have had to cut most of my nails down so low it hurts, only because that hurts less than leaving them a little long and having them catch on things or suddenly rip off for no apparent reason. I look like I chew my nails or dip my hands in chemicals all day long.

As the skin under what is left of my thumb nail bleeds, I have learned I will never get a gel manicure again.

Oh, I was also reminded today that a night spent coughing and listening to the howling wind does not make for a happy mommy the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! that's a whole semester worth of learning crammed into a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Important things going on in this mind lately:)

    ReplyDelete