Wednesday, January 11, 2012

running and diving



I have learned a lot while running. So much about myself and my running partners. Running long distances gives one a lot of time to think about things and gain some perspective.

Today I learned that a great day for running is garbage day. While I do (did) not consider myself a dumpster diver, we happened upon this great Van Gogh canvas and I couldn't help myself (and yes, the thought did cross my mind to run the 1.5 miles home with the canvas in my hands, for fear the garbage men would come and take it before I made it back, but then decided better to "hide" it and return in my car).

Today I learned I can combine two passions of mine, running and decorating!

1 comment:

  1. That's SUCH a great story--and I love that canvas! The best thing I found while running was $20 that literally blew into my face (it was on a random side street, so there was no way I could have found the owner). Kind of like getting paid to work out! I like to imagine the lives of the people in the homes I pass on garbage day, based on the 'clues' their garbage suggests...

    ReplyDelete